Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Mud Run Fun an 8K and 30 Military Style Obstacles

This past Saturday I participated in the Recon Fitness Mud Challenge at the Winthrop College Campus. I was on a team of four (3 guys and myself) of course I WAS the weakest link but the guys were extremely good at motivating me to "dig deep" and push thru. In the end, we placed 6 out of 69 overall so I was satisfied with that placement for now. Next time, I want an award! Anyway, after the race I was able to grab my camera and get a few shots for fun! Some were taken by friends and a few were taken by an official photographer of the race (credit below) Ver...nice!

In the picture above I'm still in the mood to smile for the camera because the race won't officially begin for another 9 seconds...


The first obstacle in the race, here we go! BTW, TSS Photography was at the event to take photos of the participants (me included). They do great sports photography here in Charlotte! Thank you!


Our team keeping it together!

Gettin' Dirty!

Our Team: Me, Brad, Trevor & Michael


My dog "Fusee" was there to cheer us on! She's the best Border Collie EVER!!!


We had enough people wanting to participate so we made two teams of four! This was a great event and although I swore to myself as I ran most of this race, I would NEVER do it again... I can't wait for the next one!